Monday, October 15, 2012

Amanda Todd & Suicide.

..For anyone about to read this, I am not going to sit here and say how sad I am or retrace Amanda Todd's story. If you want that, get on google or facebook and read everyone else's posts. This is mine, my opinion, and I am entitled to it. If you don't like it then don't read. If you're going to comment about how wrong or insensitive I am, save it. I give no f**ks. I am about to say exactly WHAT I WANT, and WHAT I FEEL. ME. Not you. Not anyone else. Now that that's out of the way, here we go!

I am not going to say that I am completely uncaring or anything in that way about this subject, no! I have been down her road. I have been bullied, I have thought those thoughts and felt her pain, in a different way of course. I am sympathetic towards Amanda Todd, her family, and anyone who did still care for this girl who just lost her because bullying. I have lost people to the same tragedy and feel their sadness and their intense pain, but that is EXACTLY why I am here, why I am sitting here in my living room viciously typing this post in such haste just to get it out there for all of you people who think they've got it all figured out to read. I hope this slaps you in your ignorant faces. I do no defend anyone who says she was dumb, she was a h*e, or that it was her fault, no. I am defending those who do not mourn her because they want to mourn their friends who got no recognition.

Get real here people, stop being so close-minded. The difference between this girl and the other kids' stories where they have committed suicide is that she made a video that she chose to put onto the internet. THAT'S IT. Yes, her story behind the action was indeed very sad and different. Everyone's story is different. However, had she not made this video highlighting her sadness and at the end taking out her life-ending deed, we wouldn't know her story. I wouldn't, and neither would you! The story would have stayed local like every other suicide and we wouldn't have been effected or had our lives changed in any way. Understand? My friends, 3 of them to be exact, made no videos. They made no online posts or any other public gestures to show their hurt. They left this life just as she did, though. And would you like to know what happened?

Nothing.

No one here cared. There was no hiccup in the nation, no pages on facebook, not a single pause for mourning. We sat here and we cried and felt our pain alone. So what's so special about this one girl? There isn't anything. My beautiful friends, their wonderful souls were gone so suddenly and nothing occurred in their honor. So if you'd like to go wear pink and write on your arms and post your words on the net, go wild. I will not.

And to all of you saying we're desensitized, we're mean, we're b*tches, you don't care about Amanda Todd. No. You care about yourselves, you care about what will make you look good, and that is why you've stuck up for her. Get out of my face, and check yourself. Because I guarantee you yourself are a bully, and you have hurt someone in a way that saddened them in a way you don't understand. Don't worry about what we think, you obviously think you're right no matter what anyways. I commend you for your efforts, but how about you look back on the REAL reason you did and said those things, aye?

Thanks for reading, appreciate your comments on the matter.



Love,
Brianna.

No comments:

Post a Comment