Monday, July 9, 2012

2 Things About Appearance

So I have a few things I'd like to talk about that have to do with appearance and such. Here it goes..
First,
Why is it that it truly is such a big deal about the way you look? It's not like changing your hair or the way you dress effects the way that YOU look. So why judge on those things? For example, what is the big difference between these two pictures?


I mean the obvious differences are that in one I did something with my hair and the other I didn't; in one I'm "dressed up" and the other I'm just wearing a t-shirt; in one I am without all makeup and the other I have some on. But my point is: did any of those things truly effect me or the way that I look? I truly don't think so. I'm addressing this because I know some people enjoy dressing up and always trying to look their best and others just choose to be comfortable and wear sweats or throw their hair up. And the typical reaction to the one that is dressed up with their hair done is that they look good, but the one with the sweats or hair up or just not trying to look great, they look bad. I don't really understand this. Guess what? You're beautiful. And so is everyone else. :)



Secondly,
One common phrase I have realized is used a lot is "You look tired today.". I also realized that I can be fully rested and people will still say that to me, and I have figured out why. I have picked up that people only say that on days where I have absolutely not a single bit of make up on and/or I am "dressed down". So obviously by using my deductive reasoning I've figured out what the true meaning of that phrase is! That is the nice way of saying to someone "You look crappy today!". If you're reading this and do use that tactic and think no one has noticed, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has figured it out. If your opinion is that you don't think they look too good that day, just don't say anything at all! If they don't already know that and don't care then why even bring it up?

-Not to mention, I did say that although your opinion is that way, Everyone Is Beautiful. So instead, maybe even tell them something nice that they did. Like that their eyes look pretty or something. If you give compliments you're sure to receive them back!

















-Brianna*

No comments:

Post a Comment